Thu, Sep 22|
Equitable Capital Access - Panel Discussion
Join us during Twin Cities Startup Week for a panel discussion with industry experts about access to capital for small businesses.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2022, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Minneapolis, 1010 W Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55408, USA
About the event
According to a study conducted by a slew of Federal Reserve Banks, "79% of white-owned firms received all of the PPP [Payment Protection Program] funding they sought, that share dropped to 43% for Black-owned firms." This data further highlights the racial funding gap BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) business owners face when they seek capital.
This session will feature panelists from the community, financial establishments, and government institutions discussing their respective capital programs, common weaknesses, and what they look for in their equity financing and lending process.
The panel will conclude with a Q&A session, so come prepared with your most pressing questions!
Panelists will include:
- Panel Moderator Denise Butler: Associate Director and Director of Economic & Community Development, African, Career Education, and Resource Inc. (ACER)
- Idris Mohammed: Business Development Director, African Economic Development Solutions (AEDS)
- Shabbir Yusufali: AVP, Bank Manager, Associated Bank
- Michael Berling: VP, SBA Senior Development Officer, Huntington Bank
- Twila Kennedy: Deputy District Director, Small Business Administration (SBA)
Light snacks and refreshments will also be served.